Friday, November 2, 2007

The catalogs are coming... The catalogs are coming!!

Triangle Town Center Store Manager Claire Brown w/ Emily Karlinski on Halloween

This time of year is always exciting for me. As with anyone, I love seeing my own family and giving thanks. The Fink's holiday catalog, released near Thanksgiving each year, specifically brings back a lot of memories for me.

Far before I ever worked for the company, or even went to school - for that matter, I roamed the halls of SouthPark mall- catching a free ride on my father's shoulders (We'll forgo the stories of the trips to Sears that I thought would never end). I remember the fountain at the main entrance, and the blindingly beautiful chandeliers at Fink's, which was on the same corner. I stared with amazement at everything in the store as if it was a museum and every piece in there was a prized possession.... Needless to say, that fascination never went away.

Growing up near Charlotte, everyone drooled over the pieces that were in the Fink's Christmas catalog. We looked and dreamed and wished about every item that we saw... and (I can't believe I'm actually admitting this) even cut out pieces from the book and 'tried them on.' What better way for a little girl to play dress up, than with the most fabulous jewelry she's ever seen?!?

So now, a couple decades later, I get to work with those fabulous jewels daily. I love meeting new customers, and seeing loyal customers, who catch me up on the latest & greatest with their families and how they have grown over the years. It's a joy beyond words to have someone, whom you sold an engagement ring years ago, bring in their children to help select a 'prize' for their wife for Christmas.

The holidays are an amazing time for each of us. I look forward to the season, and am grateful for the opportunity to continue to grow in a company that has such a rich history of providing memories to so many.

Wishing everyone an amazing season - building new memories of your own,

~Claire Brown
Triangle Town Center